Saturday, May 3, 2014

Red Carpet Manicure - Removal

Ok after about 10 days this manicure starting to bother me.  But that's typical for me even with the professional salon Gel, or Shellac manicures.  My nails grow fast.  I can't believe how fast they grow sometimes.  And once they grow, the polish starts to peel away from the cuticle bed and drives me nuts!!



I also find that if my nail is a slight bit cracked anywhere once the polish hits the 10 day mark it seems to make the crack/chip even worst.


And the Red Carpet UV manicure was no different!  I am very impressed with how well the manicure held up.  I don't think there was a huge difference in this kit compared to that of a professional salon manicure.  I know that if I had done a better job in the first place that it would have probably looked better and maybe even lasted longer.  That is just a learning curve :)

So let's talk about the removal process................

I have no pics of that!! LOL

I bought the foil strips because I thought it would be easier and they are still on sale at London Drugs.


First I filed down the top of the nail color slightly to help loosen the polish.  Then I soaked the cotton pad part with the "Erase" removal provided in the kit.

and then I wrapped the foil around my fingers (this is why there is no pics!) LOL.  But you get the picture.  A lot like what they do at the salon.  Leave it on for 10 mins.   And then scrape with an Orange stick.  A lot of it was already off.  And didn't take a huge effort to remove.  Some of it was harder to get off and I found it easier to use my thumb to scrape it off.  All in all it was fair process to remove.

I highly recommend this product and in fact I even went back to the store and purchased some more colors!!!


*if you have any products or ideas that you would like me to review, feel free to pop me a line*

No comments:

Post a Comment