Thursday, May 29, 2014

Look Ma we're eating our veggies....well sort of

I've made a conscious effort to eat better.  Ok well.  Maybe I'm not giving my potato chip addiction nor my addiction to french fries. Oh and I do love eating chocolate and have a sweet tooth.

Well .... let me re-phrase that..... I've decided that I am going to make myself a smoothie for breakfast in the morning.  Seeing as I don't have a lot of time in the morning and I spend a lot of my time stuck in traffic, I thought it would be a great idea to be sitting in rush hour sipping a nice and healthy smoothie!

I used to swear by the Greens super powder when I was diligent about working out and eating healthy.  So I went and picked up a large container of Greens.  I am always trying to eat more veggies and more salads but sometimes those fries just call my name.   I think this is a good alternative :)


Here are some awesome recipes that we have tried the past couple of weeks.

Kiwi, Kale & Banana Recipe

1 ripe banana peeled
1 large orange peeled and seedless
2 cups of raw kale
2 Kiwi peeled
1 scoop of Greens
1/2 cup crushed ice
1 cup of liquid (almond milk or orange juice).

Place all ingredients into a high speed blender.  Blend till smooth. 

Yummy!!!! I prefer it with almond milk as the OJ was a bit too acidic for me. 

--------------------------------

Banana, Avocado & Orange Juice Recipe

1 Frozen Banana
1 Avocado
1 cup fresh spinach
2 cups Orange Juice
1 - 2 scoops greens

Add the frozen banana and avocado to the blender

Tear apart spinach and add in the blender

Pour orange juice and the 1-2 scoops of Greens

Blend till smooth.

This was so GOOD!!!  It was very filling but so tasty!



No comments:

Post a Comment