Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Gluten Free Chewy Chocolate Brownies with Walnuts & Coconut Oil - REVIEW



I wanted to try making some recipes with Coconut Oil as I found a great deal on a huge tub of it at Costco.  Its the real deal.  The Organic Coconut Oil.  We all know how amazing Coconut Oil is for us.

After searching on the net I found a few recipes and thought I would try them out.

This recipe sounded fabulous!

I took a shortcut and used a Brownie mix like the recipe called for.  I might have used the wrong Brownie mix?  I used the Gluten Free Brownie Mix from Trader Joes. 

The bake time in the recipe says 20-25 minutes but I found that it took almost 20-25 minutes longer.  Of course I checked it each time after about 10 minutes.

The consistency seems to be a sponge like and not so much like a dense Brownie.  It seemed more like a chocolate cake than a Brownie.  It is very good and tasty but wasn't what I was expecting.  I lined it with Parchment paper instead so maybe that had something to do with it? 

It is yummy don't get me wrong.  Matt and I both really like it!

It looked great coming out of the oven and I highly recommend eating it right away with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream!!!

MY RATING:  6 out of 10



If you have any Gluten Free with or without Coconut Oil and would like me to test out and rate, feel free to forward to me:  ljenniferkaiser@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment