Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Motley Crue Kickstarts My Heart! - Abbotsford - April 23rd

After 32 years Motley Crue can still rock it like nobody's business!!  Ok I admit this opinion might be slightly biased as some have told me that I might have a bit of a crush on the bass player, Nikki Sixx and one of the founding members of the band.  Tommy Lee is fast after my heart these days too!!

They started with a countdown clock for the crowd.  I thought it was kinda odd but man did it work me up and get my heart pumping faster each time it counted down! 


The clock stopped at 4 seconds to the crowds surprise as they all stopped counting down.  And out came the girls, walking down the aisles carrying Motley Crue flags.  It was the perfect way to intro the first song Saints of Los Angeles, with the Lords Prayer chanting in the background.











Crue played all the crowd favorites like, Dr Feel Good, Girls Girls Girls, Shout at the Devil, Wild Side, Don't Go Away Mad.  And a new song Sex from their current album. 

Like Vince said "they played some old shit, some new shit and all the shit in between"

It certainly takes you back to the 80's.   Some people I think even wore the same clothes they wore in the 80's!!  lol 



My heart melted as the floating piano came down and Tommy Lee sat down and played the opening to Home Sweet Home.  Mick joined in on the guitar and then Tommy politely asked Nikki for some bass and before you knew it Vince came running out belting out the beginning lyrics that all of us know by heart.  











Tommy Lee who is multi-talented gave a great show on his roller coaster drum set.  Although I was highly disappointed that he didn't allow for audience participation this time for a ride!  I'm sure all the girls in the audience wore their nice bras for a chance to get on the roller coaster!  
Face it, even I would do it --- Although I'm afraid of heights and get motion sickness in the car! I would grin and bear it for Tommy!



I love how crazy songs like Kick Start My Heart makes the crowd go nuts.  Crue although older and wiser certainly still can kick some ass and bring the energy to a crowd.  The band was nice and tight and Vince hit all the notes.  The sound was awesome!  I could even feel my hair vibrating!




For the original Crue fans its always epic to hear songs from the early days.  I love that they play the oldies like Live Wire, Get a Piece of your Action, & Too Fast for Love.  It was cool listening to Nikki tell us how Live Wire was the first song they ever played together.  It reminds me of my younger days when my friend first told me about this amazing "new" band that I had to hear!  I don't remember the name of my friend but I do remember when I first heard the guitar riff of Mick Mars at the opening of Too Fast for Love I was instantly hooked.

I need to try and dig out those old albums, probably have to hunt down my nephews for those!

Motley Crue always promises a great show.  And that indeed it was!  They seemed to be playing and playing.  I didn't want it to ever end! 

There are girls, girls, girls there for my husband to drool over so definitely a well rounded show  with lots of eye candy for everyone!!  The girls are fantastic with their Cirque de Soleil style acrobatics hanging from the ceiling.  Plus they sang and they danced.  It was very entertaining.

We had a blast and even though I have seen Motley Crue several times, every time I see them, I fall in love with them more and more.  Each show is different and brings back different memories for me. 

The reviews this morning were not very warming to the boys. Well Bahumbug on them!!!  I gotta tell you I think that if your going to write a review you should at least do the research on the band so you can get the names of the band members correct and not look like a dork.  Ooops was that a bit harsh? Obviously not a Crue fan but find out what the band is about and what their fans are about. Isn't that what reporters do? It's called RESEARCH honey.

Anyone who is a true Crue fan knows that being up front you often get spit on by Nikki or get the occasional booger thrown your way or even soaked with buckets of Gatorade.  It's all part of the show.  If you ever get seats in the front and don't want to get soaked or are worried of some water, call me I'd glady switch places with you! I would have loved to been that close!  Back in the day Nikki would spew fake blood at people and it was AWESOME!!!  It's all in fun and in the name of Rock and Roll.  It's not distasteful or disrespectful.  Its part of Motley Crue and who they are.  Lighten up its a F**** rock concert!



 Here are some pics.  I can't figure out how to upload them all at once so please visit my facebook page for more pictures.  Yes there are tons of Nikki.  I wish I could have gotten more tho!  Sucks being short sometimes:)

My Facebook Page


















No comments:

Post a Comment